The following video is by a couple feldenkrais colleages in New York (Jae Gruenke and Julia Pak), where they demonstrate 5 common mistakes runners make that cause inefficiency and possibly injury in their own running.
The 5 mistakes and what to do:
1) Running upright——–Lean forward from the ankles…results in a quicker turnover and lighter legs
2) Overstriding——–Land with your foot beneath you…results in Less impact and less work.
3) Heel striking——-Land on the middle or front of foot….results in a faster and more comfortable stride.
4) Pulling your shoulders back and swinging your arms front to back—–Let your shoulders turn and arms swing diagonally….results in a more relaxed and efficient movement.
5) Tightening your core—–Let your pelvis move…..legs move much more efficiently!
If you have any questions regarding efficient pain-free running, contact Erik LaSeur @ 206-406-8154